As a family-owned business for more than 32 years, we wanted to share with all of you, the Byers Family, what we are doing to continue to provide services while monitoring the rapidly changing conditions of the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in our local community and across the nation.
Governor Newsom’s office issues a full list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers on their COVID-19 resource page. The update clearly outlines construction as an essential service during the COVID-19 outbreak. The exemption, found at the top of page 11, reads:
“Construction workers who support construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)”
What this means to you is that you can maintain the work you either plan or are planning on doing during this time.
We are taking steps at Byers to protect our employees and you and your family by putting additional safety precautions in place in accordance with CDC recommendations. One of them is giving you a Virtual Consultation.
This virus, COVID-19, has changed some of our normal processes but has not impacted our ability to provide services to our clients.
- All of our employees are taking temperatures before coming to work daily. Those who are ill, are to remain at home and not come to the office or go out into the field.
- We have requested and approved those that are able to work remotely and perform their job duties to work away from the office until the conditions are improved as identified by health officials. Those employees that are in the office, we are providing social distancing workspaces as recommended and practicing effective hygiene management, to include wiping down all surfaces in the office and work vehicles daily.
We are taking the following steps to provide touchless and social distancing services as well as flattening the curve overall to our clients and the general public:
- We will use technology to utilize touchless virtual inspections and estimating for your roof, insulation, gutters and solar needs.
- Touchless, free estimates. Please arrange video conference call appointments (Google Hangout, Zoom, Skype or alternative platforms) to review your project.
- Our Estimators and Installers are taking the following additional disinfecting precautions
- Screened for symptoms daily before reporting to work
- Increased disinfecting all equipment, tools, and trucks after each appointment and at the end of the day.
- Washing hands more frequently, use of hand sanitizer after every interaction, covering mouth when coughing/sneezing into tissue or arm
- Avoiding close contact by implementing touchless/social distancing appointments and estimating
- Client Service Representatives and Accounting team members are available to assist you and answer any questions you may have
- Our client service representatives will confirm your appointment 48 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment because of illness, please call 800-272-8272.
- If you are interested in financing your project call 800-272-8272 for assistance.
- You can pay your bill online on our website with this link (Pay My Bill) or call 800-272-8272 to make other arrangements.
Our Byers team live, work, play and shop in our communities. We are committed to doing whatever we can to provide the services you need to keep your home safe, smart and protected. We will do so, keeping the health and safety of our clients and employees first in all interactions.
We truly appreciate your support as we work through this challenging time. Our hope is that you all remain safe and healthy. We are keeping those affected by COVID-19 in our thoughts and prayers, let us stay strong, help one another and remain flexible and positive. We sincerely thank our many healthcare providers and first responders worldwide in caring for those affected by COVID-19.