Spring is just around the corner and it is time to start thinking about cleaning up the outside of our homes. Springtime means warmer weather which in turn means barbecuing and inviting friends over. The first thing people notice when driving up to your home is the outside. Use this checklist to help get your outside clean and ready to enjoy this spring.
- Wash your garage door and front door area
- Clean deck or patio – pressure wash and/or use the correct cleaners for your deck or patio( make sure to use the proper setting on the pressure washer so you don’t harm your deck or patio) reseal or stain your decking
- Wash your steps and driveway with a spray nozzle
- Get out your outdoor furniture and/or give it a good cleaning, check out these tips on How to Clean Outdoor Furniture from Better Home & Gardens
- Check your gutters and remove any debris – think about making the switch to hassle free Byers LeafGuard Gutters and never worry about your gutters again
- Clean windows and screens – take the screens off and hose them down gently
- Inspect the roof and look for any missing or loose shingles – contact a professional like Byers Roofing if your roof needs repair or replacement
- Weed the yard and prune shrubs or trees
- Don’t forget to give the grill a good cleaning too, DIY Network has How to Clean a Barbecue in 15 Minutes that is worth checking out
After you have cleaned the outside of your home it is time to think about spring cleaning the inside too! For now, grab a patio chair and sit back and admire your beautifully clean home and yard, and start planning a barbecue.